Painting Journal



i think unconsciously inspired by one of @royvoragen work "primal"⠀
journal painting where i put into paper, canvas rather, some of my struggles, refine my thinking and decide of things⠀



i have this idea of making "practical artworks". which i began with my "for rent" series. where i photographed for rent signs. with the aim of eventually moving out on my own. which so far dont seem like a possiblity in the near future
i like writing. or rather writign is part of my system. though im not that into writing thoeirtical conceptual high falutin stuff. i like writing. taking down notes. taking down things ive learned etc. people often see me with a notebook in hand writing down things. or in my phone jotting down things. i foudn that wiritng helps me function better, do more, have more clarity, all in all be a better being.
so aligning that habit of writing with the goal of making practical artworks i made this series. which i find very meditative. because writing with a brush is much slower than typing in the cmputer or writing with a pen. somehow it has now became part of my system. which im kinda concerned about coz this practice is not easy to bring along when im staying in other places
i also like the aesthetics of it. how wonderful it looks when it is laid out. the interesting patterns from a far. and the curious sometimes too private details.




Disqus for Gerome Soriano