Process: Gear Art

First, go to http://woodgears.ca/gear_cutting/template.html and put the specs of your gear.

Size it up then print them.

Third, glue them in your cintra board. I use cintra because we have a ton lying around at home. You can also use wood. But boards, well I tried using thick boards but they split into different layers when drilled and chiseled.




Then drill the holes in the middle and in between the teeth of the gear. 

Next I then chisel the gear using the wood carving tools I have from my engraving class back in college. 

Then I position them on the board. Which is at least two thick illustration boards pasted together.

Keeping them in position with blutacks and holding them well I drill the hole on the board.

Afix the gears on position with screw, nuts, lock nuts, 


Then paint.


Finished :)

Disqus for Gerome Soriano