Have you ever repeated again and again to yourself something you need to memorize for your exam?

Have you ever repeated again and again to yourself something you need to memorize for your exam?

I know, it's crazy right. Memorizing those things that you will just trash down in your memory after the exam. I hated the part where our teacher would make us memorize the names of authors in our Literature class. Those authors were not even that good.

But repeating again and again something that you will use for the rest of your life. Now that's something powerful!

Last time I told you about the gold posts in the Fastlane Forum. Well, something I noted down from that is a quote on the thread by IceCreamKid I think and that quote goes like this:

"Jump off the cliff and trust yourself. Do dangerous things until you die. You will become a better version of yourself. I guarantee it."

Take into context that they're taking about being successful in life. Taking risks. And really taking action towards realizing your dreams.

Well, after repeating that quote along with all other quotes from that thread I was able to do the following after going through a depression period where I took a back seat and actively wasted my life in playing videogames after suffering from many failures:

Took a freelance gig without actually knowing how to deliver. And learned that I did know enough, was expert enough relative to the project, to deliver.
Assisted on of the top contemporary artists in the Philippines.
Got a recurring freelance gig in one of the top contemporary gallery in the Philippines.
Won copywriting clients.
And more.

So what will be your mantra? What is the thing that can help you in your life, forever, that you will repeat again and again to yourself?

Disqus for Gerome Soriano