Let's explore: Pigeon aerial photography

My name is Gerome Soriano and I am the Greatest Kite Aerial Photographer of the Philippines.

I have been doing kite aerial photography since 2011 when I did it for my college thesis at the University of Santo Tomas College of Fine Arts and Design.

Now my challenge is to capture kite aerial photographs of the wonderful places and people from all around the Philippines :)

To invite more Filipinos to join me in practicing kite aerial photography.

And to rekindle the Filipino tradition of kite-flying :)

Now I am going to share to you one of the things that I would like to explore in line with kite aerial photography :)





The Bavarian Pigeon Corps (1903)
Carrier pigeons were already a vital part of military communications, so why not use them to for photo reconnasance?
Balloons and kites were easy to shoot down, but pigeons were not. Small light weight cameras were attached to the birds....

http://www.geog.ucsb.edu/~jeff/115a/history/pigeonremotesensing.html



Part of my research for my thesis about kite aerial photography back in college :)

Now that there are light digital camera options I think it would be great to explore this idea once more :) 

Anyone here can point me to a pigeon master :)


Homing pigeons were used extensively in the 19th and early 20th centuries, both for civil pigeon post and as war pigeons. In the Franco-Prussian War of 1870, the famous pigeon post of Pariscarried up to 50,000 microfilmed telegrams per pigeon flight from Tours into the besieged capital.



Do mention your suggestions and ideas on the comments below :)





1,000 pesos worth of prints!!!!! free! gratis! on the studio! my compliments :)
Not just one print but TWO!
These prints are the same with the ones that I sell in art fairs at 500 pesos each.  

Disqus for Gerome Soriano