Servo



My name is Gerome Soriano and I am the Greatest Kite Aerial Photographer of the Philippines.

I have been doing kite aerial photography since 2011 when I did it for my college thesis at the University of Santo Tomas College of Fine Arts and Design.

Now my challenge is to capture kite aerial photographs of the wonderful places and people from all around the Philippines :)

To invite more Filipinos to join me in practicing kite aerial photography.

And to rekindle the Filipino tradition of kite-flying :)

Now I am going to teach you what is a Servo and what does it do for kite aerial photography.





The servo motor is the muscle of the rig.

It's the one that move things to the tune (or the sticks) of the radio transmitter.


In remote-controlled helicopters and airplanes and boats servos are used to steer and control the rudder, the wings, and the power of the motor.





They are little box things. Then come in quite a variety there are micro servos. There are servos that are water proof. There are servos for specific functions. There are digital. There are analog. There metal-geared servos. There are plastic geared servos.

For my use with a DSLR camera on my rig I use metal geared servos because I destroyed a number of plastic geared ones so I "invested" in metal geared servos which are quite reliable even when there are abrupt landings.

They have three bundled wire that are attached to the receiver. 

Take note to check for the compatability of your servos to your receiver when buying because different brands have different ways of arranging those three wires.


Disqus for Gerome Soriano