Inspiration: Kite Aerial Photographer Cris Benton


My name is Gerome Soriano and I am the Greatest Kite Aerial Photographer of the Philippines.

I have been doing kite aerial photography since 2011 when I did it for my college thesis at the University of Santo Tomas College of Fine Arts and Design.

Now my challenge is to capture kite aerial photographs of the wonderful places and people from all around the Philippines :)

To invite more Filipinos to join me in practicing kite aerial photography.

And to rekindle the Filipino tradition of kite-flying :)

Now I am going to share to you the video that got me into kite aerial photography :)






The video that started it all!

This is the video that convinced me that kite aerial photography is possible, awesome and would be super fun to do :)


Chris Benton's site fully dedicated to kite aerial photography :)

Some of Chris' work

still trying to find something similar to the colored waters here in the Philippines :) Do let me know if you know where those wonderful waters exist :)

"Using a kite to fly a radio-controlled camera up to 300 feet above South Bay salt evaporation ponds, Cris Benton takes starkly beautiful aerial photographs that highlight one of the greatest landscape transformations underway in America.
Benton will present his photographs of this otherworldly landscape and sign copies of his book, Saltscapes: The Kite Aerial Photography of Cris Benton (Heyday 2013). Restoration ecologist John Bourgeois will discuss the science and politics behind the massive South Bay Salt Pond Restoration Project, which is converting more than 15,000 acres of commercial salt ponds back into tidal marshes and mudflats. A conversation between Benton and Bourgeois will follow their presentations as well as an audience Q&A."


















Disqus for Gerome Soriano